Founder of JAVA :
- It was developed by James Gosling,Patrick Naughton,Chris Warth,Ed Frank and Mike Sheridan at Sun Microsystems,Inc in 1991.
- Initially called Oak it was renamed Java in 1995.
- Primary aim is Platform Independent(architecture neutral)
- Used to create software to be embedded in various electronic devices such as microwave ovens and remote controls.
- Internet version of C++.
- It is an Object Oriented Programming Language.
Used to create two types of programs:
It is a program that runs on your computer, under the Operating system of that computer.
It is a program that can react to user input and dynamically change.